CTGrade rh IL-7 is a human recombinant protein containing no animal-derived materials, is ≥ 97% pure, produced in E. coli, is Beta-lactam-free, and manufactured by Shenandoah in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that follows cGMP guidelines. CTGrade interleukins and growth factors are designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications.*
● Extremely low endotoxin levels
● High biological activity verified by relevant bioactivity assay
● Carrier-free protein
● Available quantities: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg; custom sizes and packaging available
IL-7 promotes the stimulation of multipotent (pluripotent) hematopoietic stem cells into lymphoid progenitor cells. IL-7 along with IL-2,15, and 21 is a member of the common gamma (γc) chain cytokine family. IL-7 is secreted by bone marrow and thymic stromal cells, dendritic cells, intestinal epithelial cells, hepatocytes, and keratinocytes. IL-7 signals through its (IL-7R) to promote the differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells into T cells, B cells, and natural killer cells. IL-7 is also a regulator of intestinal mucosal lymphocyte proliferation. IL-7 in combination with IL-15 has been shown to promote favorable phenotypes in adoptive cellular therapies such as CAR T cell therapy.
● Alternate Names: Lymphopoietin 1 (LP-1), pre-B cell Factor
● Accession Number: P13232
● AA Sequence: MDCDIEGKDG KQYESVLMVS IDQLLDSMKE IGSNCLNNEF NFFKRHICDA NKEGMFLFRA ARKLRQFLKM NSTGDFDLHL LKVSEGTTIL LNCTGQVKGR KPAALGEAQP TKSLEENKSL KEQKKLNDLC FLKRLLQEIK TCWNKILMGT KEH
● Purity: ≥ 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses
● Predicted Molecular Mass: Monomer, 17.5 kDa (153 aa)
● Formulation: 10 mM NaP, pH 7.5
● Product Reconstitution: Reconstitute at 0.1 mg/mL with Water
● Endotoxin level: < 0.1 EU per 1 μg of the protein by the USP 85/EP2.6.14 method
o Measured in a cell proliferation using a Mouse 2e8 cell proliferation assay
o The ED50 for this effect is ≤ 1 ng/mL
● Host Cell DNA: ≤ 10 ng/mL by RT-PCR
● Host Cell Protein: ≤ 30 ng/mL by ELISA
● Sterility: Negative on growth by USP 71/EP2.6.1
● Country of Origin: USA
Storage: Store at -20°C in a non-defrosting freezer. Transportation temperature is 2-8°C.
Shelf Life: The lyophilized product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture; 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20° C to -80° C as supplied, 1 month when stored at 4°C after reconstituting as directed, and 3 months when stored at -20°C to -80°C after reconstituted as directed. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
*For research use or further manufacturing and in ex vivo cell therapy applications.
**Lot-specific values for the following specifications are supplied with each product on its corresponding COA. The values provided here are minimum expected values to pass internal requirements.