Containing no animal-derived materials, CTGrade rh IL-3 is produced in E. coli, is Beta Lactam-free, and manufactured by Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc. in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that follows cGMP guidelines. CTGrade interleukins and growth factors are designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications.*
● Extremely low endotoxin levels
● High biological activity verified by relevant bioactivity assay
● Carrier-free protein
● Available quantities: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg; custom sizes and packaging available
IL-3 is a pleiotropic growth factor that promotes the survival, differentiation and proliferation of committed progenitor cells of the megakaryocyte, granulocyte-macrophage, erythroid, eosinophil, basophil and mast cell lineages. Produced by T cells, mast cells and eosinophils, IL-3 enhances thrombopoiesis, phagocytosis, and antibody-mediated cellular cytotoxicity. Its ability to activate monocytes suggests that IL-3 may have additional immunoregulatory roles. Many of the IL-3 activities depend upon co-stimulation with other cytokines. IL-3 is a species-specific, variably glycosylated cytokine. CTGrade rh IL-3 is a 15.0 kDa globular protein containing 133 amino acid residues.
● Alternate Names: Hematopoietic growth factor; IL3; IL-3; IL-3MGC79398; interleukin 3 (colony-stimulating factor, multiple); interleukin-3; Mast cell growth factor; mast-cell growth factor; MCGF; MCGFMGC79399; MULTI-CSF; multilineage-colony-stimulating factor; Multipotential colony-stimulating factor; P-cell stimulating factor; P-cell-stimulating factor
● Accession Number: P08700
● AA Sequence: APMTQTTSLK TSWVNCSNMI DEIITHLKQP PLPLLDFNNL NGEDQDILME NNLRRPNLEA FNRAVKSLQN ASAIESILKN LLPCLPLATA APTRHPIHIK DGDWNEFRRK LTFYLKTLEN AQAQQTTLSL AIF
● Purity: ≥ 97% by SDS-PAGE
● Predicted Molecular Mass: 15 kDa
● Formulation: 10 mM Sodium Phosphate, 150 mM Sodium Chloride, pH 7.5
● Product Reconstitution: Sterile water at 0.1 mg/ml
● Endotoxin level: ≤ 0.1 EU/ug
● Activity: The ED50, as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
● Host Cell DNA: ≤ 10 pg/mL
● Host Cell Protein: ≤ 30 ng/mL
● Sterility: No Growth
● Country of Origin: USA
Storage: Store at -20°C in a non-defrosting freezer. Transportation temperature is 2-8°C.
Shelf Life: The lyophilized product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture; 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20° C to -80° C as supplied, 1 month when stored at 4°C after reconstituting as directed, and 3 months when stored at -20°C to -80°C after reconstituted as directed. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
*For research use or further manufacturing and in ex vivo cell therapy applications.
**Lot-specific values for the following specifications are supplied with each product on its corresponding COA. The values provided here are minimum expected values to pass internal requirements.