CTGrade rh IL-2 C126S containing no animal-derived materials* human recombinant protein, is ≥ 97% pure, produced in E. coli, is Beta-lactam-free, and manufactured by Shenandoah in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that follows cGMP guidelines. CTGrade interleukins and growth factors are designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications.**
● The core amino acid sequence and 126 C to S sequence of CTGrade rh IL-2 C126S are identical to Proleukin
● Extremely low endotoxin levels
● High biological activity verified by relevant bioactivity assay
● Carrier free protein
● Available quantities: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg; custom sizes and packaging available
IL-2 is an immunomodulatory cytokine that is produced by lymphocytes. IL-2 signals through the IL-2R receptor to induce activated T cell proliferation and promote T cell differentiation. IL-2 also stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, monocytes, and macrophages.
● Alternate Names: T cell growth factor, TCGF, Aldesleukin
● Accession Number: P60568
● AA Sequence: MAPTSSSTKK TQLQLEHLLL DLQMILNGIN NYKNPKLTRM LTFKFYMPKK ATELKHLQCL EEELKPLEEV LNLAQSKNFH LRPRDLISNI NVIVLELKGS ETTFMCEYAD ETATIVEFLN RWITFSQSII STLT
● Purity: ≥ 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses
● Predicted Molecular Mass: Monomer, 15.5 kDa (134 aa)
● Formulation: Lyophilized from a sterile (0.2 micron) filtered aqueous solution containing 0.1% Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA)
● Product Reconstitution: Sterile 10 mM HCl at 0.1 mg/mL
● Endotoxin level: < 0.01 EU per 1 μg of the protein by the USP 85/EP2.6.14 method
o Measured in a cell proliferation assay using CTLL 2
o The ED50 for this effect is 3 ng/mL
o The specific activity of recombinant human IL-2 is 1.8 × 10⁴ per µg, which is calibrated against the human IL-2 WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 86/500)
● Host Cell DNA: 10 pg/mL by RT-PCR
● Host Cell Protein: < 30 ng/mL by ELISA
● Sterility: negative on growth by USP 71/EP2.6.1
● Country of Origin: USA
Storage: Store at -20°C in a non-defrosting freezer. Transportation temperature is 2-8°C.
Shelf Life: The lyophilized product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture; 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20° C to -80° C as supplied, 1 month when stored at 4°C after reconstituting as directed, and 3 months when stored at -20°C to -80°C after reconstituted as directed. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
*Containing no animal-derived materials
**For research use or further manufacturing and in ex vivo cell therapy applications.
***Lot-specific values for the following specifications are supplied with each product on its corresponding COA. The values provided here are minimum expected values to pass internal requirements.