CTGrade rh IL-15 is an animal component-free (ACF)* human recombinant protein, is ≥ 97% pure, produced in E. coli, is Beta-lactam-free, and manufactured by Shenandoah in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that follows cGMP guidelines. CTGrade interleukins and growth factors are designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications.**
● Extremely low endotoxin levels
● High biological activity verified by relevant bioactivity assay
● Carrier-free protein
● Available quantities: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg; custom sizes and packaging available
IL-15 is a widely expressed proinflammatory cytokine that is structurally and functionally related to IL-2 (IL-2). IL-15 signals through JAK kinases to activate STAT3, STAT5, and STAT6 transcription factors. IL-15 regulates the activation of T cells, neutrophils, and macrophages, and is a stimulatory cytokine promoting dendritic cell function. IL-15 expression is dysregulated in chronic inflammatory disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and pulmonary inflammatory diseases. IL-15 combined with the other common g chain cytokines (IL-2, IL-7 and IL-21) is being used to promote favorable anti-tumoral phenotypes in adoptive cellular therapies such as CAR T cell therapy.
● Alternate Names: IL-T
● Accession Number: P40933
● AA Sequence: MNWVNVISDL KKIEDLIQSM HIDATLYTES DVHPSCKVTA MKCFLLELQV ISLESGDASI HDTVENLIIL ANNSLSSNGN VTESGCKECE ELEEKNIKEF LQSFVHIVQM FINTS
● Purity: ≥ 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses
● Predicted Molecular Mass: Monomer, 12.9 kDa (115 aa)
● Formulation: 10 mM Sodium Bicarbonate, pH 8.5
● Product Reconstitution: Reconstitute at 1.0 mg/mL with Water
● Endotoxin level: < 0.1 EU per 1 μg of the protein by the USP 85/EP2.6.14 method
o Measured in a cell proliferation assay using a CTLL-2 cell proliferation assay
o The ED50 for this effect is ED50 ≤ 5 ng/mL
o International Units: The specific activity of human IL-15 is approximately 2.7 x 10^5 IU/μg, which is calibrated against recombinant human IL-15 WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 91/678) in MO7e cells.
● Host Cell DNA: ≤ 10 ng/mL by RT-PCR
● Host Cell Protein: ≤ 30 ng/mL by ELISA
● Sterility: Negative on growth by USP 71/EP2.6.1
● Country of Origin: USA
Storage: Store at -20°C in a non-defrosting freezer. Transportation temperature is 2-8°C.
Shelf Life: The lyophilized product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture; 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20° C to -80° C as supplied, 1 month when stored at 4°C after reconstituting as directed, and 3 months when stored at -20°C to -80°C after reconstituted as directed. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
*Containing no animal-derived materials
**For research use or further manufacturing and in ex vivo cell therapy applications.
***Lot-specific values for the following specifications are supplied with each product on its corresponding COA. The values provided here are minimum expected values to pass internal requirements.