Containing no animal-derived materials, CTGrade rh IL-10 is produced in E. coli, is Beta Lactam-free, and manufactured by Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc. in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that follows cGMP guidelines. CTGrade interleukins and growth factors are designed to support basic, translational, and clinical research, as well as commercial applications.*
● Extremely low endotoxin levels
● High biological activity verified by relevant bioactivity assay
● Carrier-free protein
● Available quantities: 50 µg, 100 µg, and 1 mg; custom sizes and packaging available
Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is an anti-inflammatory cytokine produced by macrophages and type 2 T helper (Th2) cells. IL-10 inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as interferon gamma (IFNγ), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFα), interleukin 2 (IL-2), interleukin 3 (IL-3), interleukin 4 (IL-4), and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), made by macrophages and regulatory T cells. IL-10 also suppresses antigen presentation on antigen presenting cells, and enhances the survival, proliferation, and antibody production of B cells.
● Alternate Names: B-TCGF, CSIF, TGIF=
● Accession Number: P22301
● AA Sequence: MSPGQGTQSE NSCTHFPGNL PNMLRDLRDA FSRVKTFFQM KDQLDNLLLK ESLLEDFKGY LGCQALSEMI QFYLEEVMPQ AENQDPDIKA HVNSLGENLK TLRLRLRRCH RFLPCENKSK AVEQVKNAFN KLQEKGIYKA MSEFDIFINY IEAYMTMKIR N
● Purity: ≥ 97% by SDS-PAGE
● Predicted Molecular Mass: 6 kDa
● Formulation: 10 mM Sodium Phosphate, pH 7.5
● Product Reconstitution: Sterile water at 0.1 mg/ml
● Endotoxin level: ≤ 0.1 EU/ug
● Activity: Determined by the dose-dependent co-stimulation (with human IL-4) of MC/9 cells, the ED50 was found to be ≤ 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg
● Host Cell DNA: ≤ 10 pg/ml
● Host Cell Protein: ≤ 30 ng/ml
● Sterility: No Growth
● Country of Origin: USA
Storage: Store at -20°C in a non-defrosting freezer. Transportation temperature is 2-8°C.
Shelf Life: The lyophilized product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture; 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20° C to -80° C as supplied, 1 month when stored at 4°C after reconstituting as directed, and 3 months when stored at -20°C to -80°C after reconstituted as directed. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
*For research use or further manufacturing and in ex vivo cell therapy applications.
**Lot-specific values for the following specifications are supplied with each product on its corresponding COA. The values provided here are minimum expected values to pass internal requirements.