Research Scientist – Protein Folding and Purification
Category: Protein Purification
Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc., a FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific company, is a leading manufacturer of recombinant proteins. Our vision is to provide a superior and affordable source of recombinant proteins to the academic and industrial scientific research communities. Our team are a passionate group from diverse backgrounds. Our headquarters and state-of-the-art, manufacturing facility is located in Warminster, Pennsylvania. Founded in April 2006, we joined Fujifilm Group in March 2022 and are rapidly expanding our operations.
At Shenandoah, rather than strive to be the largest, we strive to be the best. We are compassionate in our work, driven by integrity and dedicated to a superior standard of excellence. It is important to us to create a working environment for our employees that is filled with respect, humor and gratitude so we can give our very best to our customers.
We are hiring a Research Scientist – Protein Folding and Purification. The Research Scientist will develop, optimize, and execute protein purification protocols for recombinant proteins expressed in bacteria and mammalian cells in a cGMP environment.
- Author and execute methods on AKTA FPLC for automated routine purifications
- Complete routine sample analysis using HPLC system, SDS-PAGE and Western Blot for the production of highly purified, biologically active proteins
- Purification on a developmental scale and pilot scale as required
- Research and identify means for process improvement and efficiencies
- Adhere to product specifications for purity, endotoxin, and mass
- Maintain manufacturing records
- Draft and write SOPs, batch record templates and associated documentation
- Present data to the department and project teams
- Write standard operating procedures, study reports, relevant sections of regulatory filings, and scientific presentations
Experience / Education:
- Masters in a Biological/Chemical Science plus 4 years of relevant work experience
- Purification Methods Development and scale up from milligram to gram quantities
- Experience with chromatography to include ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, hydroxyapatite, affinity and HPLC.
- Broad technical experience with various antibody and protein separation techniques on small and large scale: affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic, and size exclusion chromatography
- Hands-on experience with AKTA FPLC systems such as AKTA Prime, AKTA Explorer, AKTA Pure or similar
- Broad experience with analytical protein characterization methods, including HPLC (SEC, IEX), SDS-PAGE, IEF, Western
- Working in a cGMP environment
- Analyze and interpret data
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently
- Good oral and written communication skills
Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc., a FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.