Category: Research & Development
Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc., a FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific company, is a leading manufacturer of recombinant proteins. Our vision is to provide a superior and affordable source of recombinant proteins to the academic and industrial scientific research communities. Our team are a passionate group from diverse backgrounds. Our headquarters and state-of-the-art, manufacturing facility is located in Warminster, Pennsylvania. Founded in April 2006, we joined Fujifilm Group in March 2022 and are rapidly expanding our operations.
At Shenandoah, rather than strive to be the largest, we strive to be the best. We are compassionate in our work, driven by integrity and dedicated to a superior standard of excellence. It is important to us to create a working environment for our employees that is filled with respect, humor and gratitude so we can give our very best to our customers.
We are hiring a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating R&D Projects in a new product development program to ensure that overall program goals are met. Lead large, complex product development efforts for multiple projects aimed at developing and manufacturing GMP-grade recombinant proteins used for the production of Cell and Gene Therapy product lines, regenerative medicine therapies (including stem cell therapy), and assisted reproductive technologies (ART). As the company grows rapidly, we are seeking an individual to manage annual A3 Value Stream Map (VSM), execute multiple Kaizen monthly with 90-day tracking for sustainability, drive +QDIP KPIs consisting of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory & Productivity to create flow, and reduce defects.
From the VSM, create starbursts for A3 Management based on the Effort-Benefit matrix to prioritize blitz Kaizen, mid- and long-term projects. In addition use Six Sigma Lean tools, consulting skills, and change management process to drive daily improvement leverage data from +QDIP which are tied to corporate KPI. Manage daily +QDIP to drive operational flow and to reduce waste. Directly provide formal and informal Lean Six Sigma training and coaching. Be an active Leader in corporate objectives and monthly metric reviews.
- Execute annual Value Stream Mapping (VSM) with A3 Management
- Reduce variations in processes using tools, such as Gauge R&R, from Six Sigma
- Reduce waste using Lean tools
- Lead diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide experienced counsel on appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools to eliminate them
- Manage Kaizen funnel tied to corporate objectives with KPIs
- Run multiple monthly Kaizen with 90-tracking for sustainability
- Lead/facilitate root cause analysis in problem solving using DMAIC process to assist vital Nonconformance Report (NCR) or CAPA through process to reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Improve training, problem solving, and facilitation skills by pursuing in Lean Six Sigma tools
- Manage strategic projects from conception through sustainment, facilitate execution of action plans
Experience / Education:
- BS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry or equivalent
- Degree in Science or Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred
- ASQ Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Ability to speak, write and read English
- 5+ years of experience as practitioner of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills to present weekly and monthly updates
- Ability to work and influence all levels of the organization from Senior Leaders, Functional Leaders to project managers and practitioners in all functional areas
- Ability to solve problem in a variety of situations including statistical analysis at 95% confidence level
- Independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult situations
- Good oral and written communication skills
Shenandoah Biotechnology, Inc., a FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.